Best Colour Doppler Treatment in Miyapur, Mathrusreenagar
What Is a Doppler Ultrasound?
Best Color Doppler treatment in miyapur is an enhanced form of Doppler ultrasound technology. With color Doppler, different colors are used to designate the direction of blood flow. This simplifies the interpretation of the Doppler technique.
A Colour Doppler Ultrasound is a type of Ultrasonography in which high-frequency sound waves are used to study the blood flow in blood vessels by studying the bouncing of sound waves off the red blood cells. A regular ultrasound uses sound waves to produce images, but can’t show blood flow.
A Doppler ultrasound may help diagnose many conditions, including:
- Blood clots
- Poorly functioning valves in your leg veins, which can cause blood or other fluids to pool in your legs (venous insufficiency)
- Heart valve defects and congenital heart disease
- A blocked artery (arterial occlusion)
- Decreased blood circulation into your legs (peripheral artery disease)
- Bulging arteries (aneurysms)
- Narrowing of an artery, such as in your neck (carotid artery stenosis)
The rate of change of frequency of ultrasound waves is used to measure the speed of blood flow in the body. During a Doppler ultrasound, a Radiologist presses a small hand-held device (transducer), about the size of a bar of soap, against your skin over the area of your body being examined, moving from one area to another as necessary.
Colour Doppler is a non-invasive procedure. A Doppler ultrasound test may also help your doctor check for injuries to your arteries or monitor certain treatments to your veins and arteries.
Book Your Specialty