Best Anal Fissure Treatment In Miyapur
A little rip or cut in the tissue lining your anus is known as an anal fissure. They can affect anyone of any age, although they’re more common in young children and infants since they have more constipation than adults.
Anal fissures usually heal on their own in 4-6 weeks, however, they can last longer in some cases. An anal fissure is deemed chronic if it lasts more than eight weeks.
Passing unusually large or hard stools is the most common cause of anal fissures, although there are a few other possibilities:
- Muscles of the anal sphincter that are spastic or tight
- Blood flow in your anorectal region is reduced.
- Excessive strain in the bowels or during childbirth
- Anal fissures can also be caused by other medical disorders, such as:
Herpes, Syphilis Anal cancer, tuberculosis, and HIV
- Anal fissures are common in Crohn’s disease and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
A visible tear in the skin around your anus is the most common indication of an anal fissure. Other signs and symptoms of an anal fissure include:
- Anus pain, particularly during bowel movements
- During and/or after a bowel movement, you may experience bleeding.
- Feelings of itchiness or burning around your anus
A skin tag, or a tiny lump of skin, may grow at the anal fissure in some patients.
Doctors at the best hospital in miyapur will first examine you to see if you have an anal fissure. With a simple visual inspection around your anus, he can usually achieve this. He may need to perform a rectal exam, which involves putting a thin tube (anoscope) into your rectum to gain a clearer picture of the tear, depending on the location and extent of the fissure.
If the doctors diagnose you with an anal fissure, he may suggest any of the following treatments:
- Using stool softeners that are available over-the-counter
- Increasing your fluid intake
- Increasing the amount of fiber in your diet or using fiber supplements
- Ointment that blocks calcium channels
- Botox® injections into the anal sphincter to relieve muscular spasms
Our top doctors in miyapur, Metrocare hospitals can perform an anal sphincterotomy, which involves making a small incision in your anal sphincter if your anal fissure does not resolve with these more conservative procedures. Your muscles will relax as a result of the incision, giving your fissure time to heal.
Make an appointment with us immediately to get treatment for your anal fissure. Call today to schedule an appointment or request a consultation online.
Book Your Specialty