2D Echo Tests and Treatments in Miyapur, Mathrusreenagar
What is a 2D Echo test?
In a 2D Echocardiogram (2D Echo) test sound waves are used to produce images of your heart. The test allows your doctor to see how your heart is beating and pumping blood.
An echocardiogram often referred to as a cardiac ECHO or simply an ECHO, is a sonogram of the heart also known as a cardiac ultrasound, it uses standard ultrasound techniques to image two-dimensional slices of the heart.
How is the 2D echo test done?
- Details of any significant medical history or surgery should be mentioned before the test.
- Once you are settled on the table a special gel is applied to the chest
- Then a transducer (which looks like a very thick blunt pen) is moved over the gel area
- Pulses of ultrasound are sent from the transducer through the skin towards your heart. The ultrasound waves then echo from the heart. For example, ultrasound travels freely through fluid, so there is a little echo from blood in the heart chambers. But, heart valves are dense tissues so ultrasound hitting a valve will echo back clearly.
- This is recorded and turned into images or graphs
- The test takes about 10-15 mins
- Once the recording is done, you can wipe the gel from your body and wait for the report.
Book Your Specialty